Thursday, October 20, 2011

Addicted to "The Mortal Instruments Series" by Cassandra Clare

Am I already late to read "The Mortal Instruments" series? Sorry but I just discovered this one accidentally. The reason why I bumped into this series is when I visited the Wikipedia.org page of Jamie Campbell Bower. Now, why did I come there? I am a huge Harry Potter fan and Ginny Weasley and Harry Potter are my favorite characters and couple as well. I also love Bonnie Wright, the British actress who played Ginny Weasley in the entire film series, so I visited her Wikipedia.org page and I found out that she was engaged to Jamie Campbell Bower, so that is why I learned about "The Mortal Instruments." He is already cast (officially) as Jace Wayland, the lead male character in the book series. By the way, Lily Collins will play Clary Fray in the movie. (I hope you get what I'm trying to say.)


I eventually stumbled on "The Mortal Instruments" page in Wikipedia.org. The plot of the book series has really captured my interests and so I decided to read the series. When I finished reading the first book, I was really hook to it and so I decided to read the rest of the books. The Mortal Instruments as of now consists of four books, yes there are still more to come and the next one will come out next year (2012). The series consists the City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, and the City of Fallen Angels. You can get to know more about the books in the series on my following posts. Right now, I am really looking forward (SUUPPPEEERRR) to the film adaptation of City of Bones, the first book of the series.I'm just hoping that the screenwriter, director, and the concerned staffs will be able to incorporate the excitement, thrill, action, and romance in the film. (I know they will) I hope that the screenwriter will also be able to emphasize the romance among Simon, Clary and Jace and I hope she (the screenwriter is Marlene King) will not be like Steven Kloves, who wasn't able to define the relationship between Harry and Ginny in the Harry Potter film series. Sorry Sir Steven Kloves but it's just my opinion and I'm sure lots of Harry/Ginny shippers out there also feel the same way.

All I can say is that "The Mortal Instruments" series has a little touch of Harry Potter and Twilight. Yes, there are vampires, werewolves, warlocks, faeries, and other unique creatures inside Cassandra Clare's mind. It is worthy to read and to spend sometime with. Be careful though because it is really addicted.
I'll keep you updated on the film adaptations and the book as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment